Too Many Delicious Vegetables!

Don't say you've never done it. Gone to the farmer's market and just o.d'd on freshness!

Then what happens?! They start going bad before you can use them. Ugh. NOT HAPPY. The zucchini, onions, pepper, squash ... oh boy.

So it's either time for Extreme Veggie Soup - OR - you can do what I just did today.

Ok, so there is no way I'm going to eat 2 wilting red peppers and a limp large onion today. So, I chopped everything up, drizzled with olive oil, salt and peppr and roasted them in the toaster over!

Now, I would have used the regular oven, but it wasn't enough veggies to heat up the old dog. It uses too much energy and takes way too long to heat up and cool down.

My toaster oven is perfect for up to 3 small vegetables. Actually, I have two toaster ovens, so sometimes I have them both going. It's my preferred method over my builder's grade GE Energy HOG of an oven.

And yes, I'm having fun with InstaGram!

By roasting your going going ... vegetables, you can keep them in the fridge for 2-3 more days. Or if you prefer, freeze them for 2-3 weeks and use them when needed.

Today I did red peppers and onions on foil in the toaster oven for easy clean up, but I've also done all kinds of squash, tomatoes, and beans in the past. Most everything except lettuces.  Spinach, I've actually sauteed to preserve an extra few days.

Good Luck and DON'T THROW OUT THE VEGGIES!



TOASTER OVEN ENDORSEMENT:
My black and decker toaster oven is about 7 years old. Not many days go by without me using it. With a family of 6, I use it frequently. So much, that when I saw a used one at a garage sale for $3, I bought one, knowing if I didn't, mine would die and I'd have nothing. That was 4 years ago. So now I have mine for 7 years and an identical used one for 4 years. If/when, they ever stop working, my money is on the BLACK AND DECKER TOASTER OVEN.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Like this recipe? Buy me a smoothie.