Eat Clean - Flat Out Much Better

"My tastebuds flat out hate Flat Out", says my dear friend Aleta. The concept is great, but the follow through played out poorly.

After finding Joseph's Bakery, I've rearranged so many menu items. Here is one we tried today with enthusiastic accolades from the most scrutinizing consumers I know (my family).







INGREDIENTS:Joseph's Lavash (link to Joseph's Bakery)
Boar's Head Deli Roasted Chicken Breast
Boar's Head Hvarti cheese

Fresh sliced tomato
Thinly sliced white onion
My favorite pesto



On one lavash, layer two slices of deli chicken topped with one slice of cheese.
You could do more if you want, but it's really not necessary.
The simplicity of this sandwich is part of it's charm.

Fold in half and grill in a small drizzle of olive oil, grapeseed oil, or nothing at all.
Yes, going naked is a great option too.
Your toppings make up for anything you feel you may lack by not using oil in your pan.

After grilling both sides, move to a cutting board.
Slice in half first, down the middle.
Then cross-wise to make triangular sandwiches.
My original plan was to pry one side open after the sandwich was grilled to place onions and tomatoes inside. The ooey-gooey yummy cheese wouldn't allow.
Oh well ... it's prettier like this anyways.
Top with tomato, onion and homemade spinach/basil pesto.
I served a side of Butternut Squash Soup along side.

No complaints about the scant amount of ingredients received.
Huge praise for a tasty fullfilling lunch.

Like it?? Let me know!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Like this recipe? Buy me a smoothie.