Eat Clean - ChiChi Salad

It was a sunny Monday afternoon, and the produce at Eli's was extraordinary! I had a difficult time containing myself from buying one of everything. The cucumbers and tomatoes, the onions and peppers - all gloriously ripe and ready for something amazing.

My crockpot of garbanzo beans were near completion. And I enjoyed sharing my salad plans on the phone to a friend. Of course, the question was asked, "What time should I be there?". The great thing about this recipe is that it expands easily according to how many people you need to feed.




I've been making this salad for years. It's quick, simple hardiness is satisfying and tasty.  It's a terrific side dish and easily travels. I serve it cold over spring greens at lunch time or along side grilled chicken at dinner time. Two of my four children love it in their lunch box at school.



CHICHI SALAD
1 can Garbanzo Beans (ChiChi beans), drained and rinsed
     or make your own
1 european cucumber, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bell pepper, diced (red, yellow or orange)
1 can small black olives, drained and rinsed
1/2 red onion, minced
1 Tbls. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

1 5 oz. container feta cheese, crumbled
1 Tbls. red wine vinegar (or to taste)
S&P

The idea is to try to keep all the ingredients about the size of the chi chi bean - small. Add more or less red wine vinegar according to how much of a bite you want.




Go grab these ingredients from your pantry or store and make this salad.
You can do it - Now Go Cook!