Eat Clean - Butternut Squash Soup

I've read many other recipes for this soup. Some call for tons of ingredients which exaperates me. The simpler the better for me. However - I have made this several different ways. See the list of options that I've tried below.  

Super simple - Delighfully delicious - Happily healthy


1 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded and chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 box Vegetable stock, low sodium
Fresh Thyme
Salt, pepper

Bring to a slow boil for about 1 minutes.
Puree with submerge hand mixer. See mine below! LOVE IT <3
If it's too thick, add a little water.
Reseason.

Mix until smooth. 
Serve with a dolop of homemade pesto! 

OPTIONS
Fresh Grated Ginger (instead of thyme)
Leeks or Onions
Add some Pumpkin - makes it richer texture
Coconut oil or Coconut milk
I don't care for adding dairy or sweet potatoes to this dish.

Serve this along side the FLAT OUT BETTER sandwich.


BRAUN MULTIQUICK HAND BLENDER
YES - you put it right in the pot of soup and puree.
No dumping into a blender and transfering back to the pot.

Mine is an older version, but has most of the attachments below.
If you just want to use this for soup, peek at the Mulitquick 3 version.
You won't regret the purchase!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Like this recipe? Buy me a smoothie.