Eat Clean - Red Lentil Apple Soup

The best compliment is when someone copies you! Well, hats off to Nature's Food Patch in Clearwater, Florida. I made my own version of their soup and I gotta say ... WOW.


1 diced onion
1 peeled and chopped Granny Smith Apple
Sautee in 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
Add salt, pepper a bay leaf and 1 Cup Red Lentils
3 quarts water
Cover and simmer on Low-Medium for 20-30 minutes
Until all is smooshy (yes, that's a word)
Taste and reseason

While you're preparing this, your kitchen will fill with the fragrance from the coconut oil, onions and apples. It's heavenly. Perhaps Yankee Candle should consider this one.


THIS TRAVELS: Use a glass mason jar with lid. Fits perfectly in your lunch box.
You can also heat the glass in a microwave at work.
Do you have stainless steel thermos?
Your hot soup should stay heated for up to 6 hours!!


I sat outside on the back patio with the warm sun
smiling on me and a not very cool breeze relaxing me.
It was like a bowl of Autumn begging for the Florida weather to follow.

What makes you feel like Autum is upon us?