Eat Clean - Spinach Herb & Chicken Sausage Egg Bake

This is an exciting post for me! YES, this is a new logo and I love it. It represents FRESH BEGINNINGS. So I'll share a memory and a great way to begin your day.

Serve up in squares with a side of fruit


HOSPITALITY was modeled for me my whole life. When I was a child, our Sunday dinner table usually included at least one other family after church. If you were passing through town, you would always have a place to sleep and a warm meal at my house. It was exciting to wake up in the morning just to find several people crashed in our basement - cousins, family friends from out of town, or just local friends who stayed up late with my older siblings playing scrabble and card games.

"If I have it, you can have it" was my parents mind set. They are still generous and hospitable people! I'm blessed to have had that childhood. Being hospitable came naturally for my parents. But it didn't come without planning for it!

Cage Free, Naturally fed chickens make the best egg dishes


Having a few 'go-to' recipes that are quick and relatively affordable in your back pocket are a must,  along with a few quick starters in your freezer. A jar or two of marinara and soups are great to pull out to feed someone in a moments notice.

A morning delight was a huge skillet of eggs mixed with whatever vegetables and meat mom had in the house was a crowd pleaser. Here is my own version that can be enjoyed at breakfast time, lunch or dinner time.  Also, it travels well.

Cilantro, Basil, Thyme, and Parsley are my favorites



1 lb. chicken sausage, sliced thin
12 eggs, beaten
S&P
1/2 c. milk
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
Various fresh herbs:  thyme, parsley, basil
Goat cheese or feta




STEP ONE:
Spray the bottom of a 9x13 with grape seed or coconut oil & preheat the oven to 350

STEP TWO:
If your sausage didn't come already cooked, brown it completely first
Lay down all the ingredients and top with the eggs last
Scatter small spoonfuls of goat cheese

STEP THREE:
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
If serving for lunch, toss some chopped green leafy lettuce with any veggies you have on hand, add grape seed oil and S&P and a squeeze of lemon or dash of vinegar. Instant side salad!

While it's baking, sit and enjoy your company
Or have them help you slice up some fruit to go along with the eggs



Now you know how to make this delicious Egg recipe.
Now Go Cook!