Eat Clean - Hummus


My cooking is mostly about a basic formula that I adjust according to my whim or what's available in my kitchen. 


Here is my basic hummus and several suggestions of what to add for excitement. Don't be mistaken - the basic hummus is satisfying and oh, so tasty!

2 cans rinsed and drained garbanzo beans (or make your own, like I did)
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbls almond butter
S & P
1/4 c flat leaf parsley
Juice of one lemon

Add all to a food processor - I'm sure a blender might work, too, though I've not yet tried.

If it's a bit pasty, add water to the best consistency. I prefer hummus a little bit juicy. You should be able to taste the freshness of lemon, the green parsley, the saltiness ... and of course, the richness from the garbanzo beans. 


Other EXCITING options:
Red pepper flake (spicy!)
Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (spicier!)
Kalamata olives (I wouldn't add these to the food processor, just chop)
Roasted red pepper
Sun dried tomatoes
Use traditional tahini instead of almond butter

Today, I made this my afternoon snack with some european cucumber slices and some Beef Steak tomatoes that I got yesterday from my favorite local produce market, Eli's Produce.

I enjoyed this delight on china from my husband's grandmother, Agnes Kane. She would have enjoyed this.