Eat Clean - Presto PESTO!

I had a few friends over last weekend and tried out some dishes on them. My goal was to let them sample good, clean food and realize that it isn't that difficult to make.

Each friend left with a list of the recipes that they tasted. Here is the pesto that I made that didn't make the print out.

I now realize why I've never posted this recipe before. It's simply because I don't measure. I use the same or similar ingredients every time and wing it. It turns out a little different each time and equally tasty. Here goes ...

PRESTO PESTO
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
1/4 parmesan cheese
1/4 olive oil (+/-)
1/4 walnuts (or pine nuts)
1 Tbls minced organic garlic, Spice World
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt | Pepper


ADDITIONS: Red pepper flake [for those who like it spicy] &/or 1 Roasted red pepper

Put all in a food processor. If you don't have one, I don't see why you couldn't use a blender. 

If the consistency is a little too dry, you may add a little water or more olive oil. ** If you're making pasta at the same time, use a little pasta water instead. **


BRAIN FART: I'm just now realizing that I didn't break the camera out for my beautiful buffet of deliciousness. So, I have no photo to post. Bummer. I'll just have to make it again and add later.

SERVE WITH: I served the pesto with fresh red and yellow peppers, celery and Meatless Meatballs. You may also use to top off your Butternut Squash soup or add to fresh pasta or brown rice. 

DELICIOUS TIP: If you make a huge batch, put into an ice cube tray, freeze, and transfer to a freezer safe container to use as needed. Thanks, Pat Costa, for that amazing tip!!