Just Add Water

Sweet Iced Tea! Oh yah! Chopped mint and a wedge of lemon. Heaven. I could make a whole pitcher disappear. Geesh. There goes 350 extra calories for the day. 


Soda? Never! Ok, maybe diet soda. No calories, so it MUST be ok. Right? Um, have you ever heard of sodium? A can of diet soda has a minimum of 35 mg of sodium. And I don't even enjoy it that much.


Ok, so what to drink?? Water! Always choose water. Water with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Water when you're hungry because your brain can misunderstand thirst for hunger. Water because it flushes out toxins and keeps your skin healthy. Water because there are so many more benefits than drinking anything else!


I drink water! And yes, every once in a while, I have something else, but my rule is water with few exceptions. An anniversary celebration with my husband deserves a glass of wine. A night out with the girls might call for a gin and tonic. Sitting on the beach for our family reunion may call for a sweet tea. But it's always one and it's always back to water for the rest of the day.


MIX IT UP! 
Add lime!
Or apple slices or celery sticks.
Get creative without adding something unnecessary to your water. 


Drinking water at room temperature is the best for your body. Unless you're overheated from mowing the lawn or a trip to the beach when it's 94 degrees, you don't need ice. But it's your choice.


My husband doesn't like room temp water at all. No biggie. I'm just glad he's off the diet coke with a splash of cherry coke.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Like this recipe? Buy me a smoothie.