To some, bringing lunch with you seems like a chore. But it can be uncomplicated and healthy!
SIMPLICITY IS AN ART
Simplicity reduces stress, limits thinking requirements and in the end, when it becomes a habit, benefits your life.
Many mornings, I am racing to get kids breakfasts ready, lunches packed, homework signed, and off to the bus on time - all while getting myself ready for work or a day of errands. There have been many days I've left the house with no plan for my own afternoon meal. 100% of the time, this causes more stress. I leave myself with with 3 options:
1. Grab something inexpensive (and unhealthy)
2. Grab something expensive (and somewhat healthy)
3. Skip lunch only to come home and devour anything that isn't bolted down
I don't like these options. They are stressful to me!!
This morning was different. In about 3 minutes, I have a healthy, affordable, tasty lunch that will satisfy my hunger, my health and my wallet. Oh yes, and it was time efficient!
To make this the most stress-free, I began last night. And it only took a total of 30 minutes start to finish. And not all of that was hands on time.
1. Start with a free-range turkey breast. Line my toaster oven sheet with foil. On the turkey, salt, pepper, lemon and 1 Tbls. grape seed oil. Cover with foil and put in a 375 preheated toaster oven for 30 minutes. Clean up is simple, thanks to aluminum foil.
2. Wash a bunch of kale, finely chop and store in the refrigerator.
3. Hard boil 6 eggs. Store in the refrigerator.
So this morning, all I did was assemble in a glass container that I can take on the go.
Lemon Turkey slices
Hard boiled egg
1/2 oz. Feta
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the egg and kale.
I would list the directions, but it's too simple!
NOTE: Use this healthier option for turkey instead of deli meats.